- The Journal operates a double-blind peer review policy. All submitted manuscripts are evaluated and suitable manuscripts are sent for peer review. Peer review is obtaining advice on individual manuscripts from reviewers. All reviewers are well-known specialists in corresponding fields of research who have at least three publications in recent years complying with the subject of the paper under review. The following aspects of the manuscript are reviewed: relation to translation and/or interpretation studies, originality and novelty, clarity of main viewpoints, organization of the research and quality of methods, reliability of main conclusions, structure of the paper, compliance of the title with contents of the paper, quality of references, quality of Russian summary, quality of English summary, ethical problems (conflict of interest).
- Depending on the results of the review the article may be accepted for publication, rejected, or returned to the author with suggestions for improvement provided by the reviewer.
- When taking a decision on publication of a submitted article the Editorial board will take into account the scholarly importance of the work under consideration and its compliance with the subject matter of the edition.
- The Editors send to authors copies of the reviews or motivated rejection of the manuscripts (upon request).
- All manuscripts submitted to Moscow University Translation Studies Bulletin undergo the initial review by the editorial staff for conformance to the requirements on formatting and thematic specialization of the journal.
- After the Editorial board accepts an article for publication, the manuscript will be submitted to editing process.
- After editing the copy is sent to the author for approval of revisions made to the text.
- If the author refuses to make changes to the manuscript requested by the editor or does not respond to the editor for more than 30 days, the article is rejected despite any previous agreements.
- The Editors provide an electronic issue of the journal with the copy of the published article to the author.
- The Editors provide constant keeping of the published manuscripts, their availability in printed and electronic format. Reviews, authors’ answers and other materials are kept in the Editorial office for 5 years. Copies of the reviews can be presented upon request from the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation.
Manuscripts are submitted by e-mail to email@example.com, in Word (.doc or .rtf) format. A PDF version of the document reflecting layout suggestions and possible font issues is also required (e.g. when special characters are used).
The anonymous peer review process will start upon receipt of the manuscript.Articles submitted to Moscow University Translation Studies Bulletin as well as book reviews must be carefully formatted. Unformatted articles will not be considered.